Honk if you are happy...

By Vichara

As I was on my way home last night I passed a couple of young men standing on the corner of a busy street holding a sign. Their sign read “Honk If You Are Happy!”. In the seconds it took to pass them by I evaluated but I did not honk. Normally I may have unreservedly honked away but in that intuitive moment of reflection I did not reach for the horn. Yes there are a number of things that I am happy about. Isolated bits of life do stand out and shine but other parts do not rise up into the light. This is just a simple fact and honest assessment of how I feel and I would venture a guess how others feel as well. Perhaps engaging with this type of brutal honesty will facilitate the happy parts we have into elevating the not happy parts into the light for a fresh look. With this new assessment and honesty there may be an opportunity to find more of a reason to honk.

No Comment

Post a Comment