Peace...

By Vichara


I read today is apparently the International Day Of Peace. I was not aware that this day was designated as such then of course in my mind I thought what about the other 364 days in the year. Are they not meant to be peaceful as well? Of course that is my mind and I know that this day is meant to be the catalyst point to being more cognizant of being peaceful. Plato once wrote “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle”. While of course to what degree of a battle one is dealing with is subjective we are all dealing with issues where we all need empathy and compassion. Which brings us back to peace and trying to retain a peaceful manner throughout our day. In theory it is not a hard thing to do but in practice it can be challenging because we are all dealing with issues, which can distract us from having a peaceful path. I have a suggestion that perhaps may help us along the way. Find a peaceful quote, perhaps the one I shared from Plato, write it down on a peace of paper and keep it in your pocket. As you go through the day you can pull it out and remind yourself of retaining a peaceful manner and at the same time keeping present in the moment. We’re all in the same boat, let a peaceful manner help us steer it.

No Comment

Post a Comment