500 Thoughts...

By Vichara


500 Thoughts, that is the mark reached as of today. I have pulled, cajoled, released, written and shared with all of you that have been kind enough to take the time to read 500 of my scattered Thoughts. For those of you that read these and sometimes send comments I truly thank you and appreciate your time. So the question (Thought) I present to myself now that I have reached 500 is things any better as a result in writing and sharing these? My hope is that maybe one of these perhaps shifted your perspective for a moment and illuminated a corner that you may not have explored before. My hope is that you might have shared one of these thoughts with someone else and it helped them out in a small way because that is truly the intent here. I started writing these Thoughts to stir things up in the very early hours of the day and help me. Seeing the possible value for others a very talented friend designed this web page so that it could be shared with all of you no matter where you live. Thank you once again, I am grateful. And thank all of you all for reading and sharing. On to the next Thought…


obstreperous • \ub-STREP-uh-rus\ • adjective
1 : marked by unruly or aggressive noisiness : clamorous
*2 : stubbornly resistant to control : unruly
Example Sentence:
On her first day of substitute teaching, Joanna expected to encounter a classroom of obstreperous teenagers, but the students were mostly well behaved.
Did you know?
The handy Latin prefix "ob-," meaning "in the way," "against," or "toward," occurs in many Latin and English words. "Obstreperous" comes from "ob-" plus "strepere," a verb meaning "to make a noise," so someone who is obstreperous is literally making noise to rebel against something, much like a protesting crowd or an unruly child. The word has been used in English since around the beginning of the 17th century. "Strepere" has not played a role in the formation of any other notable English words, but "ob-" words abound; these include "obese," "obnoxious," "occasion," "offend," "omit," "oppress," and "oust."

No Comment

Post a Comment